Icelandic community paper focuses on UWinnipeg
The latest issue of Lögberg-Heimskringla, a newspaper that covers news, people, and events in the Icelandic community of North America and Iceland, features The University of Winnipeg, its founding colleges, and the Icelandic community in Manitoba. Nearly half of the September 15 issue is devoted to this history.
UWinnipeg coverage in the edition includes:
• The cover story presents a general history of the relationship between the University and the Icelandic community.
• Page 4 contains a personal reflection on the University of Winnipeg by editor Stefan Jonasson, a UWinnipeg alumnus.
• Page 5 focuses on Icelandic instruction at Wesley College.
• Page 6 features reminiscences of former students.
• Page 10 has a reminiscence from a former director of continuing education.
• Page 11 profiles two prominent members of the Icelandic community who served on the faculty of Wesley/United.
• Pages 14/15 contain a prize story from a distinguished Wesley graduate.
Click to download a copy of the September 15 issue of Lögberg-Heimskringla.