Flu shots on campus: October 24 and 25
A drop-in Flu Vaccination Clinic is being held on October 24th and 25th, in Riddell Hall from 9:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m., offered by the senior students and pharmacists from the College of Pharmacy, University of Manitoba.
The vaccination is free for all students, staff, faculty and community members wishing to receive it. Please come prepared:
- Bring your Manitoba Health Card, international student card or out-of-province medical card.
- Wear short-sleeves or loose shirts for access to the injection site (shoulder). Gowns will be available to change into if required.
The influenza vaccination (“flu shot”) is recommended for everyone! Even if you “never get sick”, immunization is the best way to protect your loved ones and at risk public. Every year in Canada over 10,000 individuals are hospitalized due to influenza and thousands more will die as a result of infection. Prevention with vaccine is our best defense.
The flu shot is extremely safe and well-tolerated, however if you have any questions or concerns our health care professionals and students at the clinics will be happy to provide education and serve as resources to answer all of your inquiries. There will be treats and entry into a prize draw for all who get immunized!
People attending the flu shot clinic on October 24 and 25 also have the option of going through an immunization review. Would you like to be informed if there are other immunizations you could receive? If so, health care practitioners will:
- Review your provincial immunization registry record
- Contact you by email with an immunization questionnaire
- Inform you if there are other immunizations you could consider receiving
- Invite you to Klinic on Campus for any immunizations